J & G Meakin
J & G Meakin's Pottery's story began in 1845 when James Meakin started his pottery business at Lane End. Only three years later the business was moved to Hanley in Staffordshire. In 1852 James retired and passed control of the business to his two sons James and George who began trading as J & G Meakin. They mainly produced earthenware and granite ware, decorated in the style of French porcelain. In 1970, J & G Meakin was absorbed by the Wedgwood Group.
Click on one of the J & G Meakin designs below to view our current stock.