Minton China's story began in 1793 when Thomas Minton opened his first porcelain factory. Thomas came from good 'pottery stock' having previoulsy studied as an engraver under Josiah Wedgwood, Josiah Spode, and John Adams. Initially, the factory produced earthenware, but later under the influence of Joseph Poulson, bone china was added. A new factory was built in 1924 and the product range was expanded from tableware to include decorative ware. Thomas Minton died in 1836, when his son Herbert took over the business. In the 1950's Royal Doulton took over, but continued to use the Minton name until the early 2000's.
Click on one of the Minton China designs below to view our current stock.
Click on the image above to view our current stock of Minton Ancestral.
Click on the image above to view our current stock of Minton Haddon Hall.
Click on the image above to view our current stock of Minton Marlow.